The 2015 Student Technology Conference will be held online tomorrow, Saturday January 31st, 2015, and will feature keynote speakers and crowd-sourced presentations by students in grades 6-12. This online event is free to attend.
The conference provides an international forum for the presentation, discussion, and sharing of educational technology in schools and other academic settings. This conference, by students in grades 6-12 and for all, is committed to:
- Fostering a better understanding of how students use technology in education and to engage students, teachers and administrators in a conversation about technology.
- Assisting teachers and administrators in understanding how students use technology both in and out of the classroom.
- Strengthening the relationship between students, teachers and administrators about technology in the curriculum.
The conference strands for this year include:
- Making, Design and Innovation
- Student Technology Clubs
- Technology in Schools – Projects and Collaborations
- Educational Technology Tools
- Students and Social Media
The Student Technology Conference was found by Steve Hargadon and he currently serves as a co-chair. Steve is known for pioneering online forums for educators beginning with his Classroom 2.0.
Latest posts by Rob Kovacs (see all)
- Grant available for an an aviation themed classroom unit or project - June 2, 2016
- Summer Technology PD Offerings - May 9, 2016
- Video: Virtual Reality Surgery via Medical Realities - May 6, 2016